WHO WE ARE
At the Comms Buyer Group (incorporating Cable Management Warehouse and Cray Valley Components), we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers and suppliers as well as visitors to our web site www.commsbuyer.com.
In particular, we want you to know that the Comms Buyer Group is not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes. We just would not do that sort of thing. However just in case you think we are only paying lip-service to privacy policies this page provides lots of detailed information on when and why we collect your personal information, how we use it, the limited conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT
When someone visits www.commsbuyer.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
As part of the registration process for our monthly e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don't rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our email shots. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our campaigns. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer / Supplier Data
When you deal with the Comms Buyer Group as a customer or supplier, your name, company (if applicable), address data, email and contact number will be stored in our third-party providers - CRM system (Insightly) as well as our inventory system (DEAR Systems) and accounting software (Xero).
For more information on how they deal with GDPR please see their respective privacy notices:
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
The Comms Buyer Group uses your personal data:
- to provide relevant and useful information/promotions (where you’ve given consent)
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- to enable the Comms Buyer Group to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under GDPR, you are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer email@example.com
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This policy was last updated on 8th May 2018.